Mining Engineering Services is a large business conglomerate in DRC and is part of the prestigious Vinmart Group which has presence across multiple countries around the world.
Democratic Republic of Congo, the 2nd largest country of Africa is endowed with some of the most important mineral deposits driving mankind’s progress… Huge tracts of arable land, the 3rd largest river in the world with magnificent waterfalls… and a rapidly growing consumer base with more than 100 million people.
DRC is witnessing a boom in the mining and allied sectors… unlocking great value. Ranked as the largest producer in the world for Cobalt and Tantalum and 3rd largest copper producer in the world, the mining industry is opening up new opportunities for the allied industries.
Mining Engineering Services has been part of Congo’s growth story since 2010. The company is a major EPCM contractor in DRC providing solutions like design, engineering, procurement, plant erection and commissioning, Power sector solutions including transmission & distribution lines, manpower services, maintenance and spares services, equipment rental etc. MES is also involved in manufacturing of HDPE pipes, Cathodes and Anode plates, Lead ingots, Electrical wires and cables etc. apart from running recycling plants for copper and lead scraps, batteries and used oil. It is a one stop solution provider for all mining needs.
- MES is part of Vinmart Group which has presence in DRC since last 3 decades
- Large warehousing facilities and efficient delivery system across African Continent
- Strong logistic support from group companies in China, India, Canada, UAE, Tanzania, Zambia, Turkey and South Africa.
- Stringent Quality Management System (ISO 9001:2015, ISO14001:2015, ISO 45001:2018)
MES: Proven Expertise in EPCM Contracting & Turnkey Project Management
- Hydro Metallurgical plant for copper extraction
- Sulphuric Acid Plant
- Cobalt Hydroxide Dryers
- Vat Leaching Plant
- SMBS plant (sodium metabisulfite)
- Steel Plant
- Oxygen & Acetylene Plant
- Mineral Processing Plant
- Cushing Plant
MES :A Major Power Player in DRC providing Turnkey Project Management Solutions
- In the past one decade, MES has commissioned hundreds of kilometers of transmission lines for SNEL and other Mining companies
- Various services include :
- Feasibility Study, Design & Engineering
- Power Transmission & Distribution lines from 0.415 kV to 220 kV
- Power Substations up to voltage level 120 kV
- LV, MV & HV Reticulation Work up to voltage level of 120kV
- Complete electrical services for Industrial, commercial and residential buildings, housing colonies, camps etc. which includedesign, engineering, sizing of cable, installation of DB, Cable laying, wiring, termination, commissioning.
- Supply of all electrical items viz Generator (CAT, Volvo, Parkinson), ICOG, Mini-sub, Cable’s & allied, Transformer, DBs, Lighting & fixtures, all OHL items etc.
- Innovative Solutions: Containerized Mobile Substations 33kV/10mva; Load shedding Mitigation thru 15MW Containerized DG Plant (9X2250KVA DG set with synchronizing panel + Inbuilt PLC/SCADA for monitoring & control)
- Power Generation: MES has recently participated in the successful bid for the design, construction, operation and management of the 200 MW Nzilo-2 Hydroelectric Power Plant concession awarded to Lualaba Power, now known as the Heshima Project.
MES: Advocating Local Manufacturing to Reduce Dependency on Import: MES Industrial zone in Lubumbashi consists of multiple Manufacturing Facilities
Over the years, MES has diversified into multiple business segments to cater to the needs of both Industrial and retail customers. Following companies have been formed under the guidance of Technical supervision of MES:
- Congo Piping SAS: Started in 2021, Congo Piping SAS provides one-stop piping solution for all kinds of applications. The state-of-the-art facility located in Lubumbashi, DRC can manufacture pipes of diameter range 16mm upto 1000mm apart from making various types of pipe fittings.
- Congo cables and Transformers: CCT was established in early 2022 with an objective to manufacture varieties of electrical products in congo which include copper bar, copper wire, copper pipes, Aluminum conductors, transformers etc. The state-of-the-art manufacturing facility is located in Lubumbashi, DRC which also houses a world class laboratory facility.
- Anodos Africa: Anodos Africa was established in the year 2018 for manufacturing of New Anode Plates required for Copper & Cobalt production. Anodos Africa is also recycling Scrap Batteries to produce pure Lead which is used as raw material for Anode Plates production. Anode Scrap Recycling capacity is 10,000 tons per year. Battery recycling capacity is 7,500 MT which can produce 5,000 MT of Lead Billets per year.
MES – Clean Congo Partnership: A Turney Solution Provider for Waste Management
With a vision to provide comprehensive waste management solution to various industries and ensure a sustainable future for DRC, we have started a campaign called “Mission Clean Congo”.
- Various scraps generated in the mines have to be disposed off without harming the environment. Clean Congo provides expert survey and consultancy services apart from collecting scraps from mines and other industries to bring them to our centralized processing units in Lubumbashi Industrial Zone.
- We recycle used Oil to make Medium Grade Oil (MGO) and use as a replacement of Diesel in our factories.
- The battery recycling unit recycles the battery to make 99.97% pure lead which is used to make Anode plates in our adjoining facility.
- Cathode plates are also refurbished here, increasing its intended life cycle.
- We also have a state-of-the art plastic recycling facility to recycle waste PP and PE (scrap HDPE pipe)
- Our next Recycling project in pipeline is a waste tyre recycling facility in Lualaba Province in DRC.
Our Aim : Clean Congo-Green Congo
Mining Engineering Services
A: 794, Deviation Route Likasi, Commune Annexe,
Lubumbashi, Haut Katanga, DR Congo
A: 524, Avenue Industrielle, Commune Manika, Kolwezi, Lualaba.
Phone No: +243 900333365